Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mamma Mia...here I go....AGAIN

I have just returned from my first long distance train ride.  Of course I thought it would be all romantic with big billows of steam blowing past me and someone chasing after the train as I drop my handkerchief for them to remember me by.  Needless to say...it wasn't much like that.  It was, however, pretty enjoyable.  It was comfortable and spacious and FAR better than driving.  Plus, with the snow and ice lately, it was some nice scenery.  Where did I go you ask?  Well, I got a call last week from the folks at Tara Rubin casting to have me come to Chicago and sing for the production team again for Mamma Mia.  I've been in there (I think) four times over the past few years.  They're always super nice.  Anyway...I went up, sang some songs, read some scenes and went on my merry way.  It went really well and...like always...they were very gracious and kind.  I can't really think of anything worse than trying to do a realistic British accent for actual British people.  Oh wait...yes I can.  Doing an Australian accent.  I always feel like the Crocodile Hunter when I audition for them.  Like the Crocodile Hunter...only less dead.  

 I was actually a little nervous.  Not so much for the audition, but for the simple fact that I haven't sung in about a month.  I'm feeling SO much than I was a few weeks ago and my voice is pretty much back to normal.  I highly recommend the Nexium.  :)  I'll be heading back to the ship on the 21st I think.

I had a great time in  Chicago.  The hotel I stayed at was AMAZING...which is actually surprising because I got it relatively cheap on hotels.com.  Anyway, it was beautiful and really convenient.  Hotel Blake...check it out.  It was great because I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen  in a while.  My friend Rob lives there with his partner and our friend Randy was also in town for the weekend, so we went out for dinner and drinks Sunday night.  Was great catching up.  Monday I had my audition, then Monday night I met up with Rob at a place called Petterino's  to watch some cabaret.  We then walked back to my hotel and stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts where we ordered a couple donuts and the guy LITERALLY gave us like 7 extras.  We tried to explain that we didn't want 10 donuts, but apparently that didn't translate to whatever language it was that he spoke.  So...there we sat with a giant  bag of donuts staring at us.  Since Rob and I are now both fitness models, we just ate the donuts we ordered and left the rest.  It's HARD being a supermodel.

It's nice to be home.  I'm a little hungry.  I think I'll snack on an Ambien.  Goodnight!

No comments: