Thursday, December 6, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside.


And I mean  it.  It is COLD.  For those of you who don't know, I'm home in KC for a few weeks on vocal rest from the ship.  Nothing serious...thought it was...but it wasn't.  Actually quite silly really.  Anyway...it's a long story, but the short of it is that I'm going back Dec 21st.  So, while I'll miss Christmas with my family, I will get to be in balmy New Zealand for the next three month.  I get the pleasure of the 24 hour flight to Sydney, which I'm sure will be less than awesome.

I wasn't going to do any decorating this year since I won't really be here, but as I was at the Home Depot the other day, I broke down and bought a little Frasier Fir.  Not my usual giant 9 footer, but a tasteful little 5 foot guy.  It was actually kind of nice not having to spend three days decorating.  It was up and lit and shiny within an hour.  

So today we got our first real snow here in KC.  I just went out to get the stuff to make my Butternut squash soup, and poor Chet couldn't make it back up the driveway.  Wah wah.  So he's resting comfortably next to the curb in front of the house.

I spent the majority of today installing a bathroom exhaust fan and working on my attic conversion.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?  I'm already tired of working on the attic, but I know that the end result will be so great.  Master suite....it sounds so fancy.  Anyway....back to the grind.  That floor isn't going to install itself.  Would be cool if it would, though.

My toes are cold.

No comments: