Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Handy Jack? No....Hungry Jack

So...apparently...in Australia....Burger King is called Hungry Jack's. Who knew?



We arrived in Melbourne today. What a beautiful city! It's so clean and the air is crisp and even the homeless people are attractive. Passing by them, however....some sage advice my friend Ken gave me kept ringing in my ears. "Don't f--- the homeless." Simple advice, and probably good to adhere to. I had the most amazing breakfast with my friend Gary and a friend of his who lives here named Ben. Our "breakfast appetizers" were these AMAZING pumpkin and corn fritters with the most amazing creme fresh. The Australians apparently love their pumpkin as much as I do.

Since it's the day after Christmas here, it's what they call Boxing Day. Which...I guess is just like the biggest shopping day of the year. We went into the city and there were about one hundred million people walking around. So...needless to say I didn't last very long. I can't stand crazy crowds. So I bought myself a $100 coca cola and went on my merry way. Everyone here is so hip looking. I feel like a model for K-Mart in my khaki shorts and izod shirt. Every t-shirt in the men's shops here have these super low v-necks which would probably look good if you have a great chest, but they just make me look like a girl. So I didn't buy any. I don't really need any $100 t-shirts anyway. Did I mention everything here costs $100? Well it does. Whether you want a pair of pants or a sandwich it's $100. Crazy.

Well...I'm gonna go take a nap. All those people wore me out. Below is a street sign I saw today. I guess this must be the place where Michael Jackson is supposed to cross the street.

1 comment:

enneken said...

Don't f@#ck the homeless is a wise old adage, but one must be warned...it only works by using the buddy system. Sometimes we men can't resist the attraction to a person that just wants to get a drink with you. Keep a friend around who is committed to remind you to just say no...a whistle is also recommended in case things get out of hand.