Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like.....?


Do you ever feel like being on the other side of the world? Me, too! So here I am. After a very productive chunk of time at home on vocal rest, I am officially back on board. Have no fear....what I once thought was going to be a career changing affliction turned out to be nothing more than stupid acid reflux. Who knew? Anyway...I am back in shape vocally and here I am down under in Sydney, Australia. It's amazing how far you can travel in a mere 20 hour flight. YUCK. I have to say, though, that the view from my port hole made the whole trip worth while. Because of the direction the taxi came into port and the position of the ship, I wasn't able to really see the Sydney Opera House. Then....trudgingly...bags in tow...I fall wearily into my little room only to look out the window and see the most amazing view of the Opera House. Maybe I'm tired, maybe I'm sappy, or maybe I'm just a little girl, but I actually got a little weapy. My whole life I've wanted to come here and see the beautiful things this country has to offer, and now here I am. Sadly, I'm ship bound at the moment because they haven't given me my crew pass to be able to leave the ship, but I'll get that tomorrow. In the meantime, I get to unpack and redecorate my quickly deserted room that I left behind. Oh, and maybe I should work on trying to remember the shows. That's a good idea. So....that's all from me. I'm gonna look out my window some more.

Flash worward two days. So I got my crew card just in time to set sail and not to get off in Sydney. Wah wah. Oh well...we'll be back in a couple weeks. It is Christmas Day here and it is 5am. Clearly someone is still jetlagged. As it stands now, I become deathly tired around 8:30pm and wide awake at 5am. Trying to regulate with the Ambien, but to no avail. Oh well.

Today is my first sea day back and it is rough seas. Yuck. We do our first show of the cruise tonight. It's weird being back. It's like I never left. Well...I hope everyone has a great Christmas. Here I sit...."Floating in a choppy waterland".

No comments: