Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Behind on the Blog

So...I realize that I haven't blogged in about one million years, but since I'm not traveling the world, my life has become MUCH less exciting. I'm in a pretty crabby mood right now as well, so this will probably be short. :)

I just finished the show I was doing here in KC called PERFECT WEDDING. We closed about a week ago. It was a great experience. I had a LOT of fun and met some great new friends. That's always nice. The show was very well received both critically and by the audiences. It looks as though I'll be doing another show at that same theatre next season.

Since I've been home, I've been doing lots of work on my house. If you read my last blog, the bathroom renovation began. It is nearly finished now, but like all the other projects in my house, it remains unfinished. I really just need to do another coat of paint and that'll be that. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow and then take some pictures. Yes. That's what I'll do. I've spent a lot of time working on my yard this year as well. Here's a pic of the view right when you walk out my back door. I love it. :)



I've been filling my time doing some graphic design and web design stuff. That's fun. And I've started back as Handy Jack. I just built a great little fence for my friends Ann and Bob last week and I might be doing a larger fence for their neighbor sometime soon. I've applied for a couple part time jobs and waiting to hear on those. Nothing too exciting.

I went to see THE DROWSY CHAPERONE this week at Starlight Theatre here in KC. For those of you unfamiliar...it is this CRAZY enormous outdoor theatre. Literally like 8,000 seats. My friend Jennifer Swiderski who I worked with in 1997 in North Carolina was in it. She's in the chorus and understudies some of the leads and I got to see her go on as Trix the Aviatrix. She was awesome! I was so proud of her. It was funny to see a skinny little white girl play the part of a big black woman. Ah...theatre.

I'm going home for my 15 year class reunion this weeked. THAT should be interesting. I haven't seen most of these people since graduation, so I'm looking forward to it. Unlike many people, I actually enjoyed high school, so it'll be good to see some old friends. My goal is to look successful and thin. What to wear...what to wear!

That's it from me for now. Feeling a little blue. Hopefully that will pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous Scout said...

The Drowsy Chaperone was really entertaining! I enjoyed the show and the venue was wonderful.