Saturday, April 26, 2008

Down to the Nitty Gritty

So....you know how sometimes you think...."Hmmm....I'm tired of the way this room looks. I'm gonna change it." Well....that's what I've been feeling about my bathroom since I arrived home. I just redid it like 3 years ago, but I did it sort of "on the cheap" because I was able to use materials I already had on hand. And now, the quaintness of it has faded. So....I was at the Habitat for Humanity REstore the other day and found some really nice tile to redo the floor with. So...last night after a full day of rehearsal, I started chipping the tile off of the floor. It was very tedious and the cement board underlayment was getting all jacked up anyway, so I thought...I'll just pull this up and replace it, too. It certainly made for faster removal.

Then...as I'm pulling up this cement board I realize there's a little wood rod under part of it. Well...let's just say it went WAY downhill from there and now my bathroom floor looks like this.




Wah wah. So, as you can see, I"m down to the rafters even. The floor was so discusting and rotten that I just had to tear it all out. SO...lucky me, on my day off today, I get to finish tearing that all out and put in a new subfloor and underlayment before i can even start on my tiling. :( My goal is to get the subfloor in today. Wish me luck.

We had the producer's run-through of the show yesterday. It's all going well. We should be in good shape by the time we open. Having a good time.

I think I'm gonna go see BABY MAMA today if I can escape the bathroom.

Oh...here's a pic of my new friend Heidi. She's fun. She plays the maid because of course there's a maid in the farce. :)

No comments: