Friday, March 21, 2008

One Day More...NO MORE!


Well…we are officially nearing the end. We just finished our last performance of AND THE WINNER IS… And at this moment…I feel like the winner is…..ME! I never have to sing Danger Zone again wearing spandex pants. Well….not in public anyway. This show was actually a lot of fun even though it is hopelessly dated. Oh well. Onward and upward. These are some pics a guest took during the show last cruise. Village People and Jean Val Jean. Indeed.





It has been a lovely week in Hawaii. On Tuesday, we had an overnighter, so Jimmy and Anne-Marie and I rented a car and just drove. We ended up on a fairly secluded beach in a place called Kihei. It was great. The snorkeling was pretty good and it was just a really great relaxing day at the beach. Lots of Frisbee until the wind picked up. Then there was just lots of trying to get the Frisbee out of the giant thicket. Who ended up going in? Me, of course. Ouch. Oh well.




After 5 or 6 hours at the beach, we drove around looking for a place to stay. It was spring break, so it’s busy. We stopped at a couple places. The Four Seasons wanted $1600.00 for one room for the night. So we decided not to stay there. Instead we ended up at the Best Western which was right on the beach and it was perfect. We got cleaned up for dinner and went to watch the sunset before we headed out. It was gorgeous.







We then went for some Thai food (as we usually do) and then picked up some wine and headed back to the hotel. Since we don’t have TV on the ship really, it was nice to just sit and watch regular TV. However…we ended up spending about an hour transfixed on the Adult Video Awards on Showtime. It was CRAZY. Since this is a family column, I won’t give you the details, but they were AMAZING. The categories alone were awesome. My favorite winner was a fine piece of cinema entitled “Buttwoman”. That is now Anne-Marie’s new nickname. On a side note, while we were getting wine, Anne-Marie discovered Handy Snacks pudding cups. Being English and uncivilized, she’d never seen them. So we bought some. Of course…when it came time to enjoy them…we realized we had no spoons. So….we ate them with our toothbrushes that we bummed from the front desk. They sure were tasty.



We woke up and drove back to return the rental car at the hotel in Lahaina. It was a really nice Hyatt Regency, so we just decided to stay at the beach there for the day. I ended up walking about a half hour up the beach by myself. I’m not much for just lying in the sun, so I thought I’d go find some rocks to snorkel around. There’s this pretty popular place up there and saw some cool fish. Then, I saw a big sea turtle and followed him around for a while. It was cool. Tomorrow we’re going to Turtle Beach, so I’ll se more there. While in Lahaina, I figured I’d complete my Adventure Trifecta for the month and tried my hand at cliff diving. Well…it was really more like cliff jumping. The hardest part was getting up the cliff. You had to climb out of the ocean and scale these rocks up to the top. It was about a 30’ jump and it was fun. Though my body wasn’t to happy about it the next day. Oh! I also got to climb a palm tree. That was fun.



One of the best and worst moments of the overnight trip was a phone call I got. I got a call from the casting people for AVENUE Q, which was awesome, of course. BUT….the needed to see me this Friday, which was, of course…not awesome. There was just no way to get there in time. The same thing happened last year. I guess it’s just not meant to be yet. Wah wah. But, it’s great that they keep calling. I guess it’ll work out when it’s supposed to.

In the meantime….I’m getting all set to go home. 8 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: