Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Cock in a Frock on a Rock

Well...this week has been a week of Australian theatre. Saw two shows. In Sydney, we went to see Billy Elliot the Musical. For those who don't know....Billy Elliot is my most favoritest movie of all time. If you haven't seen it...it's the story of a young boy who is the son of a coal miner in northern England and he discovers an exceptional talent for dance which allows him to escape the small town life. Sort of Coal Miner's Daughter meets Riverdance. Sort of. But not really. Anyway...the show was really great, but the boy was AMAZING! It's amazing to me that there are 13 year olds with that much talent. God knows I was not at my prime at 13. To give you an idea...



Nothing says hot like a turquoise shaker sweater and braces.

But I digress. The show was wonderful.

Next, in Melbourne, we saw Priscilla, Queen of the Desert...the Musical. It was CRAZY! It was just like the film, only about 10 times more extravagant. The costumes were amazing, the singers and dancers were great, and the set was RIDICULOUS! There was a full size bus onstage and they had people and things flying all over the place. It was a ton of fun.

Other than that, not too much else going on. We had the roughest seas I've ever experienced the other night. We ended up having to cancel our show it was so bad. We were all backstage getting ready, and the ship was literally moving so much that people were being tossed against walls and such. Not so much fun to dance to, so they cancelled. YEA!

Next cruise I will be doing a short Guest Entertainer set with the Celebrity Orchestra. I'm pretty excited about that. 20 minutes of material of my choosing. It's nice to get to sing songs you really want to sing rather than things you don't like singing. Granada anyone?

That's it for now. We're in Tasmania today and I'm off to find something yummy for lunch. Thai perhaps?

Later!

No comments: